Frequently Asked Questions
Watches: Excel, iON 2, Neo iON, Neo XS, Neo X
Press Menu (lower left button), Settings, Time, Daylight, DST on +1 or DST off -1, Select +1 or -1
Watch: Neo +
Press Menu Settings, TimeDate, DST On or Off, Select On or Off
Neo Ghost, Phantom
Press Menu, Settings, Time/Date, Daylight Savings, DST on +1 or DST off -1, Select +1 or -1
Hold the lower right “down” button for 5-7 seconds
A: Hazard abbreviations are defined as the following:
1. LFB- Left Fairway Bunker
2. MFB- Middle Fairway Bunker
3. RFB- Right Fairway Bunker
4. LFW- Left Fairway Water Layup
5. LFWC- Left Fairway Water Carry
6. MFW- Middle Fairway Water Layup
7. MFWC- Middle Fairway Water Carry
8. RFW- Right Fairway Water Layup
9. RFWC- Right Fairway Water Carry
10. FGB- Front Green Bunker
11. RGB- Right Green Bunker
12. LGB- Left Green Bunker
13. BGB- Back Green Bunker
14. RGW- Right Green Water
15. FGWC- Front Green Water Carry
16. FGW- Front Green Water Layup
17. LGW- Left Green Water
18. BGW- Back Green Water
19. CRK- Creek Layup
20. CRKC- Creek Carry
21. EOF- End of Fairway
Make sure your unit is completely powered down (this can be done
by letting the unit remain unused for at least 30 seconds) – you will
know the unit is shut down as there will be nothing shown in the
Press and Hold down the POWER/FIRE button located on top of the
unit. Keep the POWER/FIRE button held down, and the unit will begin
to cycle through the 4 available modes.
– JOLT/Yards – displayed as JLT Y
– Yards – displayed as Y
– JOLT/Meters – displayed as JLT M
– Meters – displayed as M
When your desired mode is shown in the eyepiece display, release the POWER/FIRE button to select it.
If you did not select the correct mode. Wait for the unit to power down and repeat step 2.
– Navigate to the settings screen by pressing the “MENU” button – Use the up or down button to select “SETTINGS” – Press the “SELECT” button to confirm.
– Use the up or down button to select “AUTO OFF” in the Settings screen – Press the “SELECT” button to confirm. – Use the up or down button to highlight and select “OFF”
– Press the “SELECT” button to confirm setting.
Enable Auto-Off (automatically powers down after 30 minutes without any auto-hole advancement or button presses)
– Navigate to the settings screen by pressing the “MENU” button
– Use the up or down button to select “SETTINGS” – Press the “SELECT” button to confirm.
– Use the up or down button to select “AUTO OFF” in the Settings screen
– Press the “SELECT” button to confirm. – Use the up or down button to highlight and select “ON” – Press the “SELECT” button to confirm setting.
This is usually caused by an inaccurate map of the course being stored in the device. Downloading the latest version of the course map should fix this problem. You can press the “Up” or “Down” arrow to manually advance the hole if this happens.
There are two main things that cause the Neo + watch not to charge:
Because the charging contacts on the Neo + watch are against your skin when it is worn, the contacts can get dirty and simply need to be cleaned. This can be done by spraying ammonia based glass cleaner (such as Windex) on to the contacts and then scrubbing with a nylon brush (such as a toothbrush.) Wipe the contacts with a paper towel and the watch should charge.
The Neo + watch can’t charge while it shows the battery meter, so it needs to be showing its main watch face before it is hooked up to charge. Simply press the ‘Menu’ button repeatedly until the time and date show on the watch, and then reconnect the charging cable.
After locating a golf course at bushnell.iGolf.com there will be descriptions of which course maps are available:
Front/Center/Back: If this state’s Available it will have the measurements for the front/center/back of the green. This information is pre-loaded.
Custom Points: If this state’s Available it will have the measurements for the Hazards on the golf course. This information is pre-loaded.
Course Image: If this state’s Available it will have the golf course image for each individual green. This information is not pre-loaded.
During play, if you wish to modify a GPS point, the Neo+ and Hybrid were designed to easily allow the user to customize the golf course file to their preference. While in Play Golf mode, press ESC button to access the Play Menu. Select ‘Map Golf Hole’, highlight to point you would like to modify and press OK button. Go to the location selected and press OK button. Once the point has registered, highlight the save button and press OK. Repeat for other points if desired.
There are a few reasons the GPS will display 999.
– If the unit does not have connectivity to the satellites it will display 999
– The GPS rangefinder makes its calculations of distance based on your real time location. If you are 1000 yards or more from the golf course you have chosen, then the device will display ‘999’
Bushnell Neo – Will hold 10 golf courses at one time
Bushnell Yardage Pro – Will hold 10 golf courses at one time
Bushnell XG – Will hold 20 golf courses at one time
Bushnell XGC – Will hold 100 golf courses at one time